Erdogan hopes for a quick restoration of relations with Russia
Turkish president's press secretary confirmed the apology for downed Su-24
Ibrahim Kalin, spokesman for Turkish President Recep Erdogan confirmed the apology for downed Russian fighter plane SU-24. This was reported by Reuters.
According to Kalin, Erdogan sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, expressing his regret over the incident. He asked the pilot family to "forgive us." Also, the Turkish president urged Russia to renew the traditional friendly relations with Ankara and to continue joint fight against terrorism.
Kremlin: Erdogan apologized to Putin for downed fighter plane
"We are pleased to announce that Turkey and Russia have agreed on the steps needed for the immediate resumption of bilateral relations", - said in a statement.
Over past day in ATO zone 3 Ukrainian soldiers were injured, - Lysenko 15 October, 17:07
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars