Eight people killed in July in the conflict zone in Donbas
Number of civilians killed in July in armed conflict in the Donbas, reached a record level since August last year - according to the UNHCHR Zeid Raad al-Hussein
The number of civilians killed in July in armed conflict in the Donbas, reached a record level since August last year. This was stated by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Raad al-Hussein, according to BBC.
According to the UN, from 1 to 31 July, 8 people were killed and 65 injured 65 in the conflict zone in Donbas region. This is a record figure since August 2015.
As noted, most of the people were hit by the shelling, including, using allegedly weapons banned by Minsk Agreement.
According to the UN estimates, that from April 2014 killed 9,553 people were killed in Donbas, nearly 2 thousand of them were civilians.
"A large number of victims, which we have recorded in recent weeks indicates that neither Ukrainian forces nor armed groups take necessary measures to protect the civilian population," - says the report published on the website of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
However, the UN report states that both sides in the Donbas rob homes of civilians, shell them or use schools and hospitals to fit their needs.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case