ECHR receives lawsuit against Russia from relatives of MH17 victims
The suitors charge Russia with violating three articles of the European Convention on Human Rights
The press service of the European Court on Human Rights reported this on May 25 as quoted by RIA Novosti.
According to the European agency, the lawsuit reached the court’s secretariat on May 9.
The relatives of the MH17 tragedy accuse Russia of breaching several fundamental humanitarian principles and respective articles of the European Convention on Human Rights, such as the right for life, prevention of inhumane and humiliating treatment and the right for the effective means of legal protection.
The date of consideration of the lawsuit has not yet been defined.
Previously, Bellingcat said that the responsibility for the MH17 tragedy partially rests with top-rank commanders of the Russian army; the list starts with the names of President Vladimir Putin – the Supreme Commander of Russia’s Armed Forces – and the country’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.
Russia denied these accusations, calling them a “conspiracy theory”.
As is known, Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines that was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was downed over Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. 298 people were aboard. None of the passengers or the crew survived.
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case