Earnest: Western sanctions against Russia not enough
The restrictions are supposed to change Russia’s views, - White House spokesman
The sanctions imposed by the USA, the EU and other countries against Russia due to its aggression in Ukraine are efficient but they still aren’t enough to reach the desired result. Josh Earnest, the White House representative, said this at a traditional briefing on October 6.
According to him, the main goal of the sanctions is 'to make Russia change its views on the Ukrainian issue, not to hurt the country’s economy'.
‘Russia pays the price for its actions in Ukraine,’ Earnest said.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case