Dzhemilev to sue Russia’s FSB
The Russian federal security service banned Crimean Tatar leader from entering Crimea
On April 14, Russian court will held the session on the appeal of Mustafa Dzhemilev, Ukraine’s Presidential Envoy on Rights of Crimean Tatars and long-standing leader of the Crimean Tatar people (RIA Novosti). The politician is going to sue the FSB, Russia’s federal security service, for the ban to enter Russia-occupied Crimea.
According to Jemilev’s lawyer Mark Feygin, “there’s no chance of winning the case against the FSB, but in order to pass it to the European Court on Human Rights”. Feygin added that so far, no one so far has seen the paper that forbids Jemilev to enter Crimea”. A FSB representative said that the level of confidentiality of that document is being specified at the moment.
In 2014, Dzhemilev tried to enter the peninsula, but the pro-Russian government of Crimea said he is banned to do so until 2019. Later, Kyiv district court of Simferopol, Crimea’s capital city, arrested the politician in absentia. A case under three articles of Russian criminal code was brought.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain