Dzhemilev to speak at the UN Security Council session on March 18
The leader of Crimean Tatars will talk about violations of their rights at the Russian-occupied peninsula
Mustafa Dzhemilev, famous Soviet dissident and long-standing leader of Crimean Tatars, will deliver a speech at the upcoming session of the UN Security Council in New York next Friday (Radio Liberty).
According to the politician, Russia intends to shut down the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, since it allegedly threatens Russia’s territorial integrity, whereas the Mejlis considers occupation of Crimea illegal. “That is, all the countries that supported the respective UN resolution became criminals - in Russia’s view”, Dzhemilev said.
Last month, the so-called Prosecutor’s Office of Crimea filed a lawsuit aiming to shut down the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people. The activists in Crimea and mainland Ukraine reacted immediately; in particular, Refat Chubarov, the leader of the Mejlis, said Russia tries to legitimate the descent-based discrimination in Crimea.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars