Dzhemilev: 22 residents of Crimea went missing since the peninsula was occupied
Most of these people are Crimean Tatars
Since Russia illegally occupied the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, 22 people, mostly Crimean Tatars, have gone missing. Mustafa Dzhemilev, MP, Ukraine’s Presidential Envoy on issues of Crimean Tatar people and their long-standing leader, posted this at Facebook.
According to him, sometimes Russian special services use kidnapping as a threat during interrogations. “If a man holds out there, they could ask him: “Aren’t you afraid that you or your children might get kidnapped?”, Dzhemilev wrote.
Earlier on April 6, Russian FSB (federal security service) detained five Crimean Tatars in Maryino, near Simferopol, Crimea. Previously, masked gunmen detained another 35 Crimean Tatars in café “Baghdad”. After taking DNA samples and fingerprints, FSB agents released them.
Zair Smedlyaiev, Head of the Central Election Committee of the Quriltay, said the occupant authorities of Crimea have been provoking Crimean Tatars to take up arms. According to him, the pro-Russian government needs this so as to give themselves a free hand for more radical repressions against Crimean Tatars.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case