DW: Ukraine urges Germany for more decisive stance towards Russia
New conflict with Russia might turn fatal for Ukraine and Europe, - Ambassador Andriy Melnyk
‘We hope for clearer words, for more efficient and more decisive diplomacy’, the Ukrainian diplomat said in his interview with DW, sharing his view on the current diplomatic crisis between Ukraine and Russia over Crimea.
According to him, since the annexation of Crimea in spring 2014, Russia has been keeping 40,000 troops and modern military hardware there.
Melnyk insisted that any further invasion of Russia into Ukraine might take place – either from the east or from the south, specifically, from Crimea.
‘Emerging of a new bloody conflict would become truly fatal – not only for Ukraine, but for the entire Europe’, the ambassador said.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain