DW: Polish prosecutors to exhume uncremated victims of Smolensk crash
Polish prosecutors will exhume all uncremated victims' remains of a 2010 jet crash in Russia in which the then president died. The government, it seems, will not quit before it can prove culpability in the tragedy.
Comprehensive post-mortem examinations are "the key to reconstructing the chain of events and establishing the cause of the crash, despite the several years which have passed," the state prosecution said in a statement.
Six of the previously exhumed nine bodies were reportedly wrongly identified, the prosecution added, and re-opening the coffins - which were sealed in Russia - was necessary to confirm all identities, it said.
Lech Kaczynski, the then president and twin brother of Poland's most powerful current politician, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, was killed in the crash in April 2010, as were the first lady, army commanders, the central bank head and other top state officials among a total of 96 dead.
Read full the artile here.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case