During recent drills in Crimea, Russian military practiced supplying nuclear ammunition to peninsula, - Ukraine’s intelligence
There’s no confirmed data if Russia actually brought nuclear warheads to Crimea, the service’s deputy head says
Ukrainian military intelligence reports that several months ago in Crimea, Russian troops conducted military drills, during which they imitated moving nuclear ammunition to the peninsula. As is known, in late May this year, the Russian military deployed in Crimea missile launchers, airplanes and naval vessels that can launch nuclear missiles.
‘Since spring 2014, there has been no confirmed data on supplying nuclear ammunition onto the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. However, the drills that took place in Crimea since early 2016, especially the exercises conducted in May and April, reportedly included such practice, as the troops imitated the mechanism of supplying the nuclear ammunition to Crimea’, said Vadym Skibitsky, Deputy Head of the Chief Intelligence Department.
As 112 International reported, Russia is likely to deploy advanced nuclear-capable missiles in its European exclave of Kaliningrad by 2019, thus adding more fuel to the fire in relations with the West.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars