Duda to come to Ukraine with two-day official visit
The Polish President is expected to state extension of sanctions against Russia
President of Poland Andrzej Duda and his wife Agata will come to Ukraine with the official visit on December 14. On the first day, the guests are to visit the memorial cemetery in Bykivnia, near Kyiv, where victims of Stalinist purges, among them many Poles, are buried. Radio Liberty said this with a reference to Marek Magierowski, press secretary of the Polish leader.
On Tuesday, December 15 Duda plans to meet Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk and Parliamentary Speaker Volorymyr Greusman. The Polish President will also met with Ukrainian students.
According to Magierowski, Duda and Poroshenko will discuss situation in eastern Ukraine and completion of Minsk agreements. He will announce certain forms of assistance that Poland is ready to render to Ukraine – either financial or humanitarian. Magierowski noted that during his stay in Kyiv, Duda will state Warsaw’s intentions to extend the sanctions against Russia. “Another conversation will concern Ukraine- EU-Russia relations. President Duda believes the sanctions imposed on Russia should be extended after December 31”, Magierowski said. “The Polish leader previously discussed the topic with his British counterpart David Cameron. Both politicians reckon that the sanctions should be extended while Minsk agreements are being violated”, the press secretary of the Polish President concluded.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars