DPR militants captured UN mission’s observer in Donbas
Ukraine and the UN urge Russian proxies to release him
A member of UN observing mission in Donetsk was captured by militants of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic. Ukraine’s MP and Presidential Envoy on Human Rights in Donbas Iryna Gherashchenko posted this at Facebook on Wednesday. According to her, the UN observer is also a Ukrainian citizen. “All sorts of international humanitarian missions, Ukraine’s Security Service and the Foreign Ministry, the humanitarian subgroup of Minsk trilateral contact group put maximum efforts in diplomatic and political dimensions to release the Ukrainian who possesses special international immunity. Unfortunately, as of today, he is still held hostage, and they don’t let members of international missions visit him”, Gherashchenko wrote.
One the behalf of Ukraine, the politician urged DPR to release the hostage immediately.
“We call on every international organizations and institutions to pay special attention to hostages detained by militants, and to demand that they release these hostages. I reckon this topic should sound especially serious in the UN, PACE, OSCE and the rest of international organizations”, Gherashchenko wrote.
The UN Office in Ukraine confirmed that their co-worker was captured, and reported that they mobilize all resources to release him.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case