"DPR leader": Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse, jeans and Playboy cause moral decadence
Zakharchenko appeals to residents of occupied territories to adhere to “traditional values”
Famous brands of the U.S. origin – Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse, Playboy – cause harm and moral decadence, said leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic Alexandr Zakharchenko.
At a briefing, leader of Russia-backed militants said that since Ukraine gained independence, “they’ve been inoculating the ideology that is strange, alien to us. We grew up, abiding by such basic values as family, brotherhood, and love for Motherland. But now, we realize that we grow up on Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse, jeans, Playboy, and so on. They offer us democracy that implies there can be two daddies or two mommies in one family. It’s absolutely unacceptable. The very idea of morality comes with the genes. We just need to explain to our kids that the traditional values should be of priority”.
Previously, the Kremlin agreed to substitute DPR leader Zakharchenko and LPR leader Plotnitsky in exchange for Ukraine’s recognition of militant-organized local elections in Donbas.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas