Dozhd comments on telecast ban in Ukraine
According to Chairman of the TV Channel, broadcast in Ukraine is conducted without TV commercials, and Crimea is represented on the map according to the Russian Constitution
General Director of the Dozhd TV channel Natalia Sindeeva commented on the decision to ban the broadcasting of TV channel in Ukraine. Her quotes were posted on the website of the TV channel Dozhd.
"I am very sorry that the National Council of TV broadcasting in Ukraine adopted such a decision", she said.
In accordance with the terms of contracts with all providers in Ukraine, the broadcast of Dozhd is conducted throughout the country via the IP-connection without direct commercial advertising. She noted that the National Council of Ukraine was notified about this on August 8, 2016, after which the TV Channel has not received the complaints of non-compliance of the content of TV channel with Ukrainian legislation.
As for the displaying the Crimea on the map, Sindeeva said that the channel management complies with the Russian legislation of the map of Russia. "In accordance with Article 65 of the Constitution, the Republic of Crimea is the subject of the Russian Federation", explained Sindeeva.
"I hope that our Ukrainian spectator will find the opportunity to watch Dozhd through our website, our applications in Smart TV and other channels of distribution," she added.
Earlier it was reported that the National Council on Television and Radio at today's meeting decided to oblige the Ukrainian providers to stop transmitting Russian television channel Dozhd within a month. Such a decision was made due to the lack of recognition of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity by the channel, as well as the transmitting of the Russian advertising.
The National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting in 2014 acknowledged Dozhd TV Channel complies with the European Convention on Transfrontier Television and Ukrainian legislation.
What about fascism in Ukraine and Russia? 19 January, 22:09
US Ambassador to UN nominee distrusts Russia 19 January, 08:49
Poroshenko: Future meeting with Trump will be effective 19 January, 11:21
London continues hearings on Yanukovych debt 19 January, 20:01
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany