Doctors from Charite clinic in Berlin will visit Savchenko, - Poroshenko
The Ukrainian President met with the pilot’s defense team
The Head of Ukrainian state held a meeting with Ilya Novikov, Nikolai Polozov and Mark Feygin at the Presidential Adminsitration in Kyiv. Poroshenko’s press service reported this on Tuesday.
The Ukrainian leader thanked the lawyers for their hard and selfless work aimed to protect Nadiya Savchenko in Russian court, and said he was sure about the positive outcome of the trial.
“You are doing everything possible to prove Nadiya’s innocence in court. I guess it’s next to impossible because there’s no such thing as fair trial in Russia. You are in an extremely difficult situation. But, with our joint efforts, we showed the rest of the world that all accusations that Russia brought against Nadiya Savchenko are groundless”, said the President.
Poroshenko informed the lawyers of completion of negotiations with Germany, adding that the sides agreed that German doctors from Charite clinic in Berlin will come to Russia to examine the Ukrainian pilot in custody.
Earlier on March 15, Russian ombudswoman Ella Pamfilova asked Russian authorities to let Ukrainian doctors examine Savchenko. As is known, Nadiya’s health seriously deteriorated after the recent waterless hunger strike, which she ceased on March 10. The lawyers are seriously concerned for her health, as under her current health conditions, such hunger strikes put her life in danger.
The Ukrainian President stressed he was ready to use all his constitutional authorities to ensure Savchenko’s return. “We are very much waiting for her to come back. It’s extremely important for every Ukrainian citizen”, Poroshenko said.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas