Deutsche Welle: Obama, Merkel mark progress in Ukraine peace talks
However, German chancellor says it’s too soon to lift sanctions off Russia
As is known, U.S. and German leaders take part in the G7 Summit that is underway in Japan. On its first day, Obama and Merkel positively assessed the progress in dealing with the conflict in eastern Ukraine (Deutsche Welle).
At the same time, the top-rank officials said that there are still plenty of issues in this regard. Obama turned attention to numerous cases of violence in Donbas, while Merkel said it’s too soon to speak about lifting sanctions off Russia.
Besides, the G7 Summit participants discussed other important issues such as growth of the global economy, migration crisis in Europe, the situation in the Southern Chinese Sea and around the North Korea.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars