Deputy leader of Mejlis asks Savchenko to save herself
Ahtem Chyigoz sent Nadiya Savchenko the letter asking her to “save the life of a young woman”
Lawyer Nikolai Polozov uploaded the copy of the letter at his Facebook page. “Russia’s political prisoners of the Ukrainian origin support each other even from behind the bars. I received that letter by Ahtem Chyigoz from his wife; Nadiya already replied”, he wrote.
“Just like you, I’ ve often had a thought to give up my life; because there’s no otehr way to protect oneself from the outrage done by the Russian government, from the humiliation and discrimination against us, perpetrated by the people whose hands are stepped in blood up to the elbows. These people are responsible for thousands of dead civilians in Chechnya, Syria, for civilian aircraft explosions, political persecutions, murders of dissidents, for terror in Crimea and Donbas and a lot of other stuff”.
“They will be punished for all these crimes, no matter how much time elapses”, reads Chyigoz’s letter.
The Crimean Tatar activist asked Savchenko to “save the life of a young woman, who should creaet a family and give birth to beautiful children”.
In her reply, the Ukrainian pilot thanked Chyigoz and wrote: “Ahtem, we’ll make it! What’s most important, our both nations will live in their own land again”.
Ukrainians and the international community continue the wide public campaign to support Savchenko, demanding her release.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case