Demonstration near Presidential Administration in Kyiv
Protesters demand to demobilize Ukrainian servicemen drafted under fifth wave of military draft
About fifty people, mostly women, gathered near the building of Presidential Administration in the Ukrainian capital. They demand to bring home Ukrainian soldiers, enlisted during the fifth wave of the military draft, 112 Ukraine TV channel reports.
Women say their husbands, sons and brothers have been serving with the army for more than a year now. According to the respective law, by this time, President Poroshenko should have signed the decree on their de-mobilization. But currently, there are no circumstances that would speed it up. A worker of the Presidential Administration approached the demonstrators and they passed him their demands in written form, the channel’s correspondent said.
In late March 2016, President Poroshenko signed the decree on de-mobilization of the servicemen drafted during the 4th wave of military draft. Since spring 2014, there have been six waves of draft into the army.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars