Dekanoidze: Patrol police to start working in all country towns by May 29
Chief of the National Police says staff increase is possible
Units of patrol police will start their work in all regional centers of Ukraine, as well as the towns that lie close to the division line in Donbas – Kramatorsk, Lysychansk, Mariupol and others. Khatia Dekanoidze said this as quoted by Radio Liberty.
The Head of the National Police added that the office plans to draft and train more servicemen; only in Kyiv, 200 new patrol policemen are to be recruited. Another recruitment campaign is planned in Odesa and other big cities. Dekanoidze also said patrol police units will need to expand their responsibility areas, working at the national and international highways.
The National Police plans to announce the new recruitment campaign already next week. “We have another idea of creating backup teams for patrol policemen. These will work during large public events, and also cover and support their colleagues in tough cases. If we can expand the budget, we’ll be able to attract more people and announce a contest for participation in these units. We expect to engage 300-400 policemen this way”, Khatia Dekanoidze said.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars