Two Russian soldiers captured in eastern Ukraine plan to appeal for clemency
One of the servicemen’s lawyers reported this on her personal Facebook account
Lawyers representing Russian soldiers Alexandr Alexandrov and Yevgeniy Yerofeev say they will soon file a petition on behalf of their clients asking Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to pardon both of them. Yerofeev and Alexandrov were captured in eastern Ukraine last year.
“Today, the court sentence in Yerofeev and Alexandrov’s case took effect. No appeal has been filed by the defense team so far. In the near future, we will file it for the President to pardon the citizens of the Russian Federation”, Sokolovskla wrote.
In April, both Yerofeyev and Alexandrov were sentenced to 14 years in prison on charges of terrorist activity in the Donbas.
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels