Defense Ministry: U.S. drones delivered to Ukraine
Batch of RQ-11 Analog Raven Systems UAVs reached the Ukrainian army
‘The U.S. defense authority passed Ukraine’s Armed Forces large number of modern drones RQ-11 Analog Raven Systems, totally worth USD 12 million. The delivery took place under the ERI program’, reads the message at the Defense Ministry’s website.
The cargo reached the Ukrainian soil on July 27.
Yesterday, the U.S. Ambassador in Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt reiterated that his country continues to support Ukraine, specifically in the area of security and defense. According to him, the cooperation with Ukraine’s Armed Forces is one of the priorities in the U.S. foreign policy in the mid-term and long-term prospects.
The drones have no armaments; hence, they are considered non-lethal military assistance.
RQ 11 Raven is a small hand-launched remote-controlled UAV developed for the U.S. military, now adopted by the military forces of many other countries. The craft weighs 2 kg; it is launched by hand and powered by a pusher configuration electric motor. The plane can fly up to 10 km at altitudes of approximately 150 m above ground level, and over 4,600 m above mean sea level, at flying speeds of 28–60 mph (45–97 km/h).
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas