Current regime in Crimea is even worse than Soviet one - Dzhemilev
12 political prisoners of Ukrainian and Crimean origin are currently held in Russia
Currently, according to leader of the Crimean Tatars Mustafa Dzhemilev, currently, Russia holds 12 political prisoners of Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar origin, UNN. Former chairman of the Majlis claims that the connection with these people is available only due to the corruption of the Russian government.
"The positive side of the Russian authorities is currently in our favor, it is corruption. You can bribe the guards in the jail in order to make a visit and keep in touch with those illegally detained for pro-Ukrainian views," told Dzhemilev.
There is no freedom of speech, stressed Dzhemilev; and there are several taboos. "You can not use the word "occupation", "annexation", you have to say "voluntary accession". Also you cannot say "the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people". It is even worse than the in Soviet times," he noted.
According to Dzhemilev, the only way to convey accurate information to mainland Ukraine is using Internet. But still no one remains unpunished though: "massacre comes later".
Only those citizens of the peninsula who have satellite teleanteny are able to watch Ukrainian channels. However, it might be prohibited soon. "We understand that the Russian government is considering the efficient way to block any signal from Ukrainian media that reaches the peninsula. They also want to block Internet sites," summed up the Crimean Tatars' leader.
Also M.Dzhemilev added that he will sue to the European Court of Human Rights to defend his fellow citizens on the international level.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars