Feedback
Crimes against Euromaidan: Defense Ministry erased log book of secret phone calls in early 2014
16:28, 10 February 2017
Crimes against Euromaidan: Defense Ministry erased log book of secret phone calls in early 2014

Leaders of the state used both secret and legal means of connection to coordinate actions during the Revolution of Dignity

16:28, 10 February 2017

Secret phone calls
politnavigator.net

The GPU, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine reports that in early 2014, the Defense Ministry destroyed the documentation concerning the secret phone calls among the-then top officials. During the hottest period of Euromaidan protests in February 2014, the statesmen – specifically, leaders of law enforcement agencies – coordinated actions to crack down the protests.    

The GPU currently looks into details of the ‘anti-terrorist’ operation in Kyiv that was ordered and designed by the-then leaders of Defense Ministry, Interior Ministry and the Security Service.   

The pre-trial investigation found out that the law enforcement agencies arranged to involve Armed Forces units to suppress the anti-government protesters. The respective phone calls that took place in January-February 2014 were recorded in the special log books. Some of the phone calls were considered classified and thus were recorded via the secret distribution frame; and some that were not classified, were recorded via another distribution frame. Respectively, there were two log books; in February 2014, the secret log book was destroyed, the GPU’s report says.    

Previously, the GPU said that as of February 1, over 350 individuals are charged with the crimes, committed against Euromaidan protesters in late 2013-early 2014. 35 people involved in the crimes already heard their verdicts.

In January and February 2014, the downtown Kyiv turned into the epicenter of bloody street fights as the Euromaidan protesters almost overthrew the regime of the-then president Viktor Yanukovych. Dozens of unarmed protesters and several law enforcers, collectively known as the Heavenly Hundred, lost their lives in the mayhem that continued for almost three days in a row.

Related: 351 men convicted in crimes against Euromaidan protesters, - Prosecutor General’s Office

Related: Shulyak’s interview: ‘I never ordered to disperse Euromaidan protesters’

Related: Ukraine’s Interior Troops ex-commander on Euromaidan events

Related: Prosecutor General’s Office: Perpetrators of Euromaidan crackdown still not identified

Related: Berkut officers suspected of Euromaidan crimes were fired

Related: Three years since Euromaidan's crackdown on November 30, 2013

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more