Crimean Tatars to block Ukraine-Crimea border September 20-21
It is a reaction not only upon Russian repression against Crimean Tatars but also on Ukrainian inefficient policy
Chairman of the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov confirms plans of activists to block administrative border with the Crimea.
"Either on 20th or 21st of September, we block that border. The decision is made by us," he said at a parliamentary factions meeting, Krym.Realii. According to Chubarov, the action is carried out not only "in connection with the repression of the Russian authorities against the Crimean Tatar people on the peninsula, but also in connection with the unsuccessful actions of the Ukrainian government".
Earlier, leaders of the Crimean Tatars have announced their intention to block the administrative border with the Crimea to prevent the import of Ukrainian goods to the peninsula. According to the national leader of the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Dzemilev, "Ukraine should not supply the occupation regime in Crimea".
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars