Crimean Tatars condemn Muslim spiritual leaders of Crimea for collaboration with Russia
The Coordination Council of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars approved the respective statement
Crimean Tatars blamed the Muftiyat (spiritual leadership of the nation) of Crimea for collaboration with the local pro-Russian authorities. QHA, Crimean Tatar media portal, released the respective statement approved by the Coordination Council of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars.
“The Crimean Tatar nation has been annihilated by Russia for the last 250 years, and so it remains now. Unfortunately, there are people who collaborate with tyrants as our Motherland is occupied; they chose the path forbidden by Allah. It is a grief to see how the Muftiyat, which is supposed to serve our nation in the religious area and show the rest the path of Allah, took the wrong way”, reads the message.
The Coordination Council elected by the World Congress of Crimean Tatars sees a threat in the recent acts of collaboration of the spiritual leadership of Muslims of Crimea with occupants. “Islam has always condemned tyrants and those who chose to crawl before them”, the statement says.
Previously, January 16, delegates of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars gathered at the meeting of the executive board in Genichesk, Kherson region, southern Ukraine.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars