Crimean Blackout: electricity in exchange for political prisoners
Mustafa Dzhemilev, the leader of Crimean Tatar people said that electricity supply to the peninsula may be resumed if Russian authorities will release political prisoners
Mustafa Dzhemilev, the leader of Crimean Tatar people, said that the participants of energy blocade of Crimea don't see any need to restore the electricity supply to the peninsula, Krym Realia.
'There are no specific plans now. I guess I will have to talk to the President (Ukraine - ed.), if it is possible because he is always very busy', - said Dzhemilev.
He added that now the repair works are carring out on the one of the lines, where electricity is supplied to the Crimea. According to Dzhemilev, blackout is a signal to Russian authorities - if they released any of the political prisoners, electricity supply will be restored.
'They have to make some reciprocal steps. I believe they must release Akhtem Chyihoz, the important figures. But nothing has been done. That is why there is such a pressure from the public, what's the heck we have to turn on them light', - said Dzhemilev .
According to the MP, Ukrainian government insists on that fact, that supply should be resumed in Crimea because under the terms of agreements, which were concluded between Kyiv and Moscow, Ukraine has to pay large fines for failures. At the same time, according to Dzhemilev, Crimean Tatars consider that energy blockade must continue.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars