"Crimean authorities" causes people to attend elections under pretext of dismissals, - human rights activists
By holding of elections to State Duma in Crimea, Russia is trying to legalize its presence there
"Crimean authorities" force people to attend the elections to the Russian State Duma under the pretext of dismissals and wage cuts. This was stated on the TV channel "112 Ukraine" by the head of the Crimean Human Rights Group Olga Skrypnyk.
"We have received a few complaints about the fact that de facto "Crimean government" uses the so-called administrative resources to force people to go to these elections. For example, under the threat of dismissal or reduction of salary. Now we collect this information, and if there will be some confirmed facts, we will write about it in more detail, "- she added.
"From the point of view of international law, these elections are not legitimate, it can not be considered legitimate," - she explained.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas