Crimean authorities banned rally to mark 202 years since Taras Shevchenko’s birth
The reason the rally was banned is emergency state which is still in force on the peninsula
In Simferopol activists were prohibited from organizing a rally on March 9 to mark 202 years since the birth of Ukrainian writer Taras Shevchenko, informed “Krym Realii” quoting Olena Popova, representative of Ukrainian cultural center.
“They didn’t exactly ban the rally, but they informed us that since the emergency state is still in force, it is impossible to organize such an event”, - she said.
“Events that have been planned much earlier will still be held, the City Council explained. Thus, our rally falls in the category of unplanned events”, - Popova explained.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain