Crimea after launch of power bridge: prohibition of public events in Yalta and growing prices in Sevastopol
Emergency mode on the peninsula to continue at least until December 20
With connecting power bridge from the Russian Caucasus to the Crimean peninsula, there are no completely de-energized settlements left, but the blackout will continue.
December 2nd, Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a new power bridge from the Kuban region to the occupied Crimea. At the same time, counselor of Ukraine's Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak wrote on his Facebook page that "the power bridge advertised by terrorists did not start on time".
December 3rd, "authorities" of annexed Crimea reported that there are no completely de-energized settlements left on the peninsula. Currently, 35,759 homes with 849,553 inhabitants are partly de-energized.
The centralized supply of coolant to the housing resumed in all settlements of the Crimea, except Yalta and Alushta, ‘Novosti Kryma’ reported. A part of Yalta is cut from gas supply lines.
Prices for certain goods grew in the city: milk rose in price by 20%, and canned products by 10-15%.
In Bolshaia Yalta, holding any public events is prohibited until the end of the regime of emergency, in many Crimean cities traffic lights do not work. In some places traffic is regulated by State Road Traffic Safety Inspectorate of Russia employees.
The so-called "Head of the Crimea" Sergii Aksionov advised entrepreneurs, especially owners of zoos, to take care of purchasing diesel generators for warming animals. Residents of Alushta complain about wolves who come to the city at night and attack citizens' pets.
According to Aksionov, emergency regime on the peninsula will continue at least until December 20, reported "TASS". The second stage of the power supply through the power bridge to Crimea may be launched before December 15.
On November 22nd, the supply of electricity from Ukraine to Crimea completely stopped because of the sabotage of power lines leading to the peninsula. The "government" of teh Crimea introduced an emergency regime.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars