Court refused to let Savchenko’s family and Ukrainian doctors visit her
The pilot’s lawyer Nikolai Polozov tweeted this on March 9
“The court refused to issue permission for a meeting to Savchenko’s mother and sister, as well as to Ukrainian medics. The city court of Donetsk in Rostov region where Nadia is being held has no intentions to issue any permissions of such kind until March 21st. Ukrainian consuls were also banned from visiting Savchenko until the verdict is announced! ”, the member of Nadia’s defense team wrote.
As 112 International reported, Nadia Savchenko delivered her emotional closing speech in court on Wednesday. According to her lawyers, the court will pronounce the verdict on March 21st.
Savchenko’s been on a waterless hunger strike since March 4, which under her current health conditions poses serious danger to her life. The pilot demands that the Russian court release her and let her go home dead or alive. On March 8, Russian authorities agreed to let Ukrainian doctors to the custody where Savchenko is being held so as to examine her, as she refuses examination or any treatment provided by the local doctors.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars