Court proceeding in "Tornado" case was postponed to August 16
None of the lawyers came to the court hearing
Obolon district court of Kyiv postponed the hearing in the case of ex-fighters of "Tornado" to August 16. It is reported by the press service of the court.
"A victim was procured to the courtroom for questioning in case about forceful rape according to Art. 153, part 2 of the Criminal Code (rape) for the third time already, but the court hearing was disrupted once again by the defense team. Dragovoz Vadym, the defender for the accused, didn't show up. The court was forced to postpone the hearing to August 16, 20016, at 11:30," - reads the message.
It was also reported that a defesor shall be brought to disciplinary responsibility.
The first hearing was scheduled for August 2, but due to clashes of protesters and police it was postponed on August 3, but the trial did not take place due to the fact that the suspects were not brought to the court room. Today, on August 9 on the day of the next hearing behind the closed doors, police officers and National Guard soldiers surrounded the court building of Obolon' district court of Kyiv, where a case of ex-officers of "Tornado" squad.
See also: The court arrested Yefremov for 60 days
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars