Court considers application to extend Yefremov’s arrest
Prosecutor demands to extend period of Yefremov’s detention
Pechersk District Court of Kyiv is considering a request to extend the remand in custody of ex-head of the Party of Regions in the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) Alexander Yefremov. 112 Ukraine TV channel reports this.
Yefremov himself was delivered to the court, along with his advocates.
Recall that Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said that Yefremov was accused of direct support of pro-Russian separatists on July 30.
Pechersky District Court of Kyiv arrested Oleksandr Yefremov for 60 days on August 1. The period of detention expires on September 28, 2016.
Yefremov was detained on suspicion accused of violation of foreign territorial supremacy and infringement of inviolability of Ukraine on July 30 at Kyiv airport. Apart from that Yefremov is charged with direct support of a criminal organization "LNR" and misappropriation of property "Luganskugol".
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars