Court adjourns hearing on case of Russian special agents for March 21
One of the defendant’s lawyers gone missing
Holosiivsky District Court in Kyiv adjourned the hearing on the case of Russian Spetsnaz fighters Yevgenii Yerofeev and Alexandr Alexandrov. The hearing is slated for March 21 (Radio Liberty).
Until then, Alexandrov has to find a new lawyer instead of Yuriy Hrabovsky, who went missing under unknown circumstances. On March 9, Hrabovsky wrote at Facebook that he had to leave Ukraine due to safety concerns; he didn’t specify any more details. Yerofeev’s lawyer Oxana Sokolovska asked the court to ensure her safety, as she is currently under pressure because of defending the Russian serviceman in Ukraine. However, Sokolovska failed to prove her claim; the court decided to consider her appeal next Monday.
March 10, the police issued the missing person’s alert saying that since March 5, there was no data about Hrabovsky’s whereabouts.
Fighters of Russia’ Special Forces Alexandr Alexandrov and Yevgenii Yerofeev were detained in May 2015 near Schastya town, Luhansk region, where they fought against Ukrainian troops as members of the so-called Luhansk People’s Republic. Ukraine’s prosecutors charged them with illegal border crossing, murder of a Ukrainian serviceman and a terrorist attack on positions of the 92nd Detached Brigade of the Armed Forces that stood guard near thermal power plant near Schastya.
At first, Yerofeev and Alexandrov confessed they were Russian troopers, but later in court, they withdrew their testimony.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case