Council of Europe Secretary General: Ankara should punish rebels not forgetting about human rights
Jagland is first European leader to visit Turkey after coup attempt
Council of Europe Secretary General Thorbjørn Jagland said that Turkey must bring to justice all those involved in the military coup attempt in the country and added that Ankara on this issue should be guided by the rule of law and the European Convention on Human Rights, dw.com reports.
The Secretary General of the Council of Europe said this during a joint press conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu in Ankara.
It is noted that Jagland became the first senior European representative to visit Turkey after the coup attempt.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars