Commemoration service for those killed in llovaisk tragedy is being held in Kyiv
A commemoration service for those killed in the tragedy Ilovaisk is being held in Kyiv's St. Michael's Square
A commemoration service for those killed in the tragedy Ilovaisk is being held in Kyiv's St. Michael's Square.
The battle of Ilovaisk started on 7 August 2014, when the Armed Forces of Ukraine attempted to capture the city of Ilovaisk from Russian- backed militants. Government forces entered the city on 18 August, however they quickly became encircled by the insurgents. Up to 1,000 soldiers died in heavy fighting.
Defence minister Valeriy Heletey was forced to resign on 14 October, in part because of his responsibility for the failure of military coordination during the battle.
Veterans and active soldiers of the war with Russia, military servicemen and representatives of the volunteer battalion "Donbas", "Krivbas", "Azov" participate in the service to pay tribute to the memory of the deseased.
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars