CNN: Duterte threatens to pull out PH from the United Nations
Philippines may leave United Nations
President Rodrigo Duterete on Sunday threatened to pull out the country's membership from the United Nations amid criticisms from UN experts and human rights experts on alleged extra judicial killings in the war on drugs.
Despite the threat, the president President Rodrigo Duterte told a media briefing in Davao that the United Nations (U.N.) is welcome to investigate the rising death toll in the intensified war against drugs.
His statement comes after Agnes Callamard, U.N. special rapporteur on summary executions, said on social media that she will be looking at the situation in the country after Malacanang criticized the U.N. for not understanding what was happening on the ground.
Read the full article here.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars