Chubarov unveiled details of the blockade of Crimea
September 20 at 12 a.m., the Crimean Tatars are going to block the roads to the peninsula for the commercial tracks
Refat Chubarov, member of the Verkhovna Rada and Chairman of the Crimean Tatars’ Majlis, reported in the parliament on the oncoming blockade of the Russian annexed peninsula.
It is planned that on September 20 at 12 a.m. the Crimean Tatar activists will block three roads from the mainland Ukraine to Crimea for the commercial tracks. At the same time, the way for the passenger cars will be open. After his words, this blockade is intended to be long-term.
“Our action will have a long-term character. We are looking forward for adopting the bills by the Verkhovna Rada, aimed to arrange the problems of interaction between mainland Ukraine and occupied Crimea. The law on the free economic zone “Crimea” must be abolished,” Chubarov stated.
As Chubarov has explained previously, the blockade of the peninsula is to take place because the “Crimean question” takes the second place comparing to the conflict in Donbas. Also, “Pravyi Sektor” announced today to join the blockade. After the statement of organization, the blockade is understood as a direct strike on Russia’s interests, and on existing situation in Ukraine.
Its support of the blockade of Crimea was also expressed by “Narodny Rukh” [People’s movement]. The organization is going to inform society about the blockade’s course and encourages to actively join it.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars