Chubarov: Russia must be involved in dialogue to de-occupy Crimea
Ukraine should find a way to make Russia negotiate on the matter, said the Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people
Any negotiations on the liberation of Crimea will be fruitful, as long as Russia participates, said Refat Chubarov, Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people (zn.ua).
The politician commented on the course of recent negotiations between Ukraine and Turkey, which took place on March 9-10, during President Petro Poroshenko’s official visit to Ankara. According to Chubarov, apart from Turkey’s participation in the talks about restoration of the Ukrainian sovereignty over Crimea (“the Geneva format”), the Turkish side also emphasized that the annexation of Crimea by Russia “ruined the balance of stability in the Black Sea region”.
He added that Turkey, along with the rest of the countries in the region, is “interested in returning that stability – which is impossible until Ukraine’s territorial integrity is restored. It’s one of the most important vectors of the Turkish foreign policy”.
According to Refat Chubarov, the multilateral dialogue on de-occupation of Crimea is extremely important. “Any dialogue on the issue will have results and consequences, if Russia takes part; but it doesn’t want to. So during the negotiations in Tukey, I tried to send our partners the message that Russia’s participation is necessary, but we can’t involve Russia into these talks at the cost of new and new concessions to this country. We’ve got to find a way to make Russia negotiate on de-occupation of Crimea”, he said.
Previously, Chubarov claimed that Russia is currently trying to legitimate prosecutions of Crimean Tatars in Crimea - in particular, by banning the Mejlis.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars