Cessation of electiricity delivery to Crimea is the next step of blockade
Food blockade of Crimea is not the only option, Crimean Tatars will seek the other effective instruments of influence to return Crimea
The Crimean Tatar initiative of the food blockade at the administrative border with Crimea may further continue in the cessation of electricity delivery to the peninsula. That was stated by the Chairman of Majlis of the Crieman Tatars Refat Chubarov during the meeting of the coordinating council in Genichesk district administration in Kherson region, Krym.Realii.
"The occupants at first will not be rethinking their actions against us. But then there is an October. Yesterday we clearly said to the president that, if they are not to adhere to human rights in any way, then we do not know for what we will deliver them electricity," Chubarov said.
According to Refat Chubarov, in recent conversations with the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, he addressed the issue that together with the blockade of the Crimea, on the agenda the question of the electricity supply termination to the occupied territory will be put.
As it was reported before, leaders of the Crimean Tatars have announced their intention to block the administrative border with the Crimea to prevent the import of Ukrainian goods to the peninsula. According to the national leader of the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Dzemilev, "Ukraine should not supply the occupation regime in Crimea".
Also, the OSCE claimed about extreme violations of human rights in the Crimea.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain