Canal+ must remove misleading documentary about events in Ukraine, - Embassy in France
The Ukrainian institution recommends that the French channel changes its editorial policy
Ukraine’s Embassy in France sent a letter to Vincent Bollore, Chairman and CEO of the Supervisory Board of Canal+, demanding to remove from air a scandalous documentary about recent events in Ukraine. The Foreign Ministry reported that at Facebook.
Paul Moreira’s documentary dubbed “Ukraine: Les Masques de la Revolution” is considered anti-Ukrainian, in the view of the country’s Foreign Ministry. “It creates misconception and distorted interpretations of the situation in Ukraine”, the authoritative body wrote.
The film is to be aired at Canal+ on February 1, in the frameworks of the “Special Investigation” TV program. The film trailer below is taken from the account of Youtube user Talilis.
Watch the trailer:
“The documentary by Paul Moreira offers the version of events which sounds lovely for amateurs of conspiracy theories and pro-Russian propagandists. It is a pamphlet, created in the worst traditions of disinformation. It’s not about media freedom, it’s about lying and deceiving, and Canal+ should revise its editorial policy”, reads the letter by Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry.
The Ukrainian Embassy in France offered the TV channel a number of documentaries about events in Ukraine, “hoping that these films will be soon aired at the channel”.
Earlier, the EU launched an information product called Disinformation Review, a weekly publication, which collects as many examples of the Russian disinformation attacks as possible, and in real time.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case