Canadian troops instruct Ukrainian counterparts in Lviv region
The drills take place in Starychi, western Ukraine
Military exercises involving Ukrainian servicemen started near Starychi, Lviv region, western Ukraine. About 200 instructors from Canada came to Ukraine last month, under the UNIFER program aimed to support and train the Ukrainian military. The Canadian instructors cooperate with their colleagues from the USA, the United Kingdom, Latvia and Lithuania.
“Presence and contribution of Ukrainian servicemen is crucial and necessary. Many of these fighters came here after fights in eastern Ukraine. They are eager to learn techniques that will make them more efficient on the battlefield”, said commander of Canadian training unit.
The press service of Canada’s Department of National Defence said that in the next few months, Canadian troopers will witness transformation and re-orientation of Ukraine’s Armed Forces.
Previously, in December 2015, Canadian policemen came to Kyiv to train their Ukrainian colleagues. That, according to Head of the National Police of Ukraine Khatia Dekanoidze, will help reform the country’s law enforcement system.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case