Canadian Foreign Minister Dion to visit Ukraine
He will express his support to Ukrainian government
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada Stephane Dion will visit Ukraine at the beginning of February, he said during a parliamentary debate, reports “Ukrinform”.
“I will pay a visit to Ukraine in 4 days. I am happy at the opportunity to come to Ukraine, to express Canada’s support to Ukrainian government and our outrage at the intrusion of Russian authorities into affairs in Ukraine.”, - claimed Dion.
He also ensured he “will not tolerate any insults of Ukrainian community by Russian minister in Canada”, referring to the incident when Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation Sergei Lavrov called Ukrainian diaspora in Canada “unbridled”.
“We owe it to Ukrainian diaspora and will always support them”, - emphasized Dion.
Deputy of the Federal parliament from the Liberal party Borys Vzhysnevskiy, who has Ukrainian descent, will join Dion in his trip to Ukraine.
Earlier Canadian embassy denied information about visa cancellations to Ukrainian citizens widely spread in the mass media.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars