Ukrainians one step closer to visa-tree travel to Canada
Petition on this issue obtained required number of votes
A petition on the introduction of a visa-free regime for short trips of Ukrainians to Canada obtained the required number of votes, and soon it will be reviewed by the federal parliament. This petition was supported by nearly five times more people than was necessary for its transfer to parliament, writes Ukrinform.
It is stated that after the document is registered in the session hall, the government will have 45 days to prepare a written response.
The author of the petition, a Canadian of Ukrainian descent Nick Kravets points out that 107 current federal deputies and senators of the four main political parties, including three party leaders set their signatures under the petition.
According to him, next week the document will be submitted for reviewing by the parliament, so until the end of June an official answer can be expected.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case