Canada to renew its contacts with Russia
At the same time Prime Minister of Canada promises to continue supporting Ukraine
Canada will partially renew its contacts with Russia, but promises to continue supporting the official Kyiv. This was stated by the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau during the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington.
"Our position is clear and unbreakable: we are against the illegal and illegitimate territorial expansion made by Russia to Ukraine and we support our Ukrainian friends. Yes, we said that we will begin to contact with Russian Federation on a number of issues, ranging from the Arctic and other issues, but during these contacts at every opportunity we will clearly state that we are determined in our support for Ukraine and will insist on this position, "- Justin Trudeau said.
Earlier, Foreign Minister of Canada Stefan Dion said that his country was in favor of preserving and strengthening sanctions against Russia.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars