Canada has no intentions to cancel visa regime for Ukraine, - diplomat
Roman Vashchuk, Canada’s ambassador in Ukraine, gave interview to a Ukrainian radio station
‘It’s not about implementing complete visa free regime. It’s just that we’ve got domestic law that allows liberalization of border control when it comes to accepting refugees, and there is no strict filtration of categories of people who come to Canada. So it’s more like about oprtimization of the visa regime. The regime spans ten years – as long as the foreign passport remains valid. We’re doing our best to process such visas as soon as we can’, Vashchuk told radio ‘Holos Stolytsi (‘Voice of the Capital’)’.
This has nothing in common with the EU visa free regime. Nothing common at all. In our case, it is still too soon to speak about the visa free regime’, the Canadian ambassador said. He added that Ukraine has now a good chance to obtain the visa free regime with the EU by the end of the year.
Previously, Canadian of Ukrainian origin Mykola Kravets filed the petition to Canadian parliament, offering to cancel visas for short-term travels for Ukrainian citizens (up to 90 days). The paper collected five times more signatures than necessary for adoption by the parliament.
Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees of Canada John McCallum responded to the petition, stating that Ukraine so far does not meet the respective criteria advanced by the Canadian government.
Source: Holos Stolytsi
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars