Canada cancels sanctions against Belarus
MFA of Canada marked Belarusian role in achieving the Minsk Agreement
The Government of Canada intends to abolish the sanctions against Belarus, which entered into force on December 14, 2006, reported the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Canada.
The decision is consistent with the measures adopted in the United States and the European Union in October 2015. Furthermore, Canada noted the progress made by the Belarusian authorities on the main points of concern: in particular, the release of political prisoners and the holding in October 2015 presidential elections in accordance with international standards.
The Foreign Ministry of Canada also noted the constructive role played by Belarus in promoting negotiations on a cease-fire and peace in Ukraine through the conclusion of Minsk agreements in September 2014 and February 2015.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars