Cabinet of Ministers approves "Savchenko list"
The offers to impose sanctions on individuals responsible for detention of the Ukrainian officer were sent to the National Security and Defense Council
The respective document (#203-r, 23.03.2016) was released at the government’s website on Thursday, March 24.
“In particular, we offer to approve the list of those involved in wrongful actions against Nadiya Savchenko, her capture, falsification of case materials and illegal conviction. Sanctions will be imposed upon these persons”, reads the message at the government’s website.
As is known, Ukraine's fighter pilot and MP Nadiya Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years of prison in Russia. As 112 International reported, the court ruled that Savchenko will serve her time in a standard regime penal colony.The Ukrainian was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters who worked in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. Her lawyer Ilya Novikov visited the pilot in Novocherkassk pre-trial detention centre and later that day reported that she looks fine and in nice mood.
Her lawyer Mark Feygin urged people to immediately join protest actions against the illegal imprisonment of innocent Nadiya Savchenko.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case