Brussels hosts summit of EU leaders
It’s the first event of such scale since Brexit took place
On June 28, EU leaders gathered in Belgium to discuss next steps to preserve the bloc’s unity now that the UK left it. Previously, German chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Francois Hollande and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi released a joint statement, stating that the EU remains united.
The EU leaders also denied any non-official negotiations with the UK on its further relations with the EU, until London complies with the Lisbon agreement’s provision on the beginning of the formal procedure of leaving the bloc.
British PM David Cameron who had announced his resignation said his Cabinet wouldn’t file the appeal about the UK’s secession from the EU. That would most likely happen in September, when the new Prime Minister comes to power in the Great Britain.
Shortly before the summit, Italian Premier Matteo Renzi said his EU counterparts should discuss not only aftermaths of Brexit, but also the ‘re-boot of the European project’.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars