British parliament to approve the program of modernization of the country’s nuclear arsenal
GB to renew its nuclear arsenal. Only 117 out of 650 MPs voted against renewing trident nuclear arms program
British parliament has approved the program of modernization of the country’s nuclear arsenal. Only 117 out of 650 MPs voted against renewing trident nuclear arms program.
Britain’s nuclear deterrence forces contain 4 submarines, equipped with “Trident” ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads, which exhaust their potential in late 2020. According to the new plan more that 40 million dollars will be allocated for their replacement.
Program's opponents consider it a violation of the country’s nonproliferation obligations. During the debates prior the vote, new British Prime Minister Therese May among other threats mentioned Russia as well. Russia stepped up its tossy rhetoric about nuclear weapons and threatened to deploy it in the Crimea in in Kaliningrad,” – said May.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars