Black Sea Fleet will conduct underwater warfare drills
The Black Sea Fleet drills to be held in the occupied Crimea on August 11-13
The servicemen of the Black Sea Fleet will conduct exercises to counter the maneuvers underwater saboteurs. This was announced the next day after the FSB statement on subversive Ukrainian groups in the Crimea.
The drills to be held on August 11-13, reported by TASS citing the press service of the Russian Defense Ministry.
The ministry said that the military will execute the tasks on holding off an attack by underwater saboteurs from the sea on the naval base of the Black Sea Fleet. This was reported by TASS citing to the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation.
The exercises will involve more than ten thousand warships and support vessels, including helicopters Mi-8 and Ka-27PS.
The Ministry noted that the maneuvers are a part of training program "Caucasus-2016". During the exercises the sailors will practice search and minesweeping, render assistance to conditionally disabled vehicle, a small rocket ship "Mirage" in this case.
As we reported eralier, FSB reported about the detention of a group of allegedly Ukrainian saboteurs in the Crimea and the prevention of terrorist attacks on the peninsula on the eve of August 10.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars